This website is operated by HOME HOME FURNITURE & FURNISHINGS. The privacy of our users is extremely important to us and therefore we encourage all users to read this policy very carefully because it contains important information regarding:
• who we are;
• how and why we collect, store, use and share personal information;”
• your rights in relation to your personal information;and
• how to contact us and supervisory authorities in the event that you have a complaint.
Who we are
“HOME HOME FURNITURE & FURNISHINGS (‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our’) collect, use and are responsible for storing certain”
“personal information about you (‘you’,’your’,’yours’).”
The personal information we collect and use Personal information is information which you can be identified from (and does not include any anonymised forms of information).
1. Types of personal information We may process the following types of personal information in relation to you:
“Name, email address, telephone number, postal address and card details”
How your personal information is collected
This section describes how the above types of personal information are collected by us.
Your personal information will be collected as follows:
- Personal information obtained from you directly “We will sometimes obtain information from you directly, including when you:” “subscribing to the newsletter, purchasing a product, contact made via our website forms, chat” service or finance applications.
- Personal information obtained from third parties We will sometimes obtain information about you from third party sources. Usually this shall be from the following entities: Credit and financial information from credit agencies
- Automated decision-making You may be the subject of our automated decision-making processes. Automated decision-making means the use of personal information in order to make a decision which is undertaken by an electronic system (i.e. the decision is not made by a human). “In any circumstance where are the subject of automated decision-making, you always shall be notified” “that a decision has been made in this manner. You are able to make any request for that decision to be reviewed, or to be reconsidered via manual means, within ONE month of that decision being made.”
- Changes to the way in which we collect your personal information In the event that we need to obtain personal information in relation to you from any other source than “those described above, we shall notify you of this.”
How we use your personal information
- General purposes “In general, your personal information will generally be processed for the following purposes:” “to enter into a contract for the sale of goods to you, to manage our business and website and to” provide marketing to you Any automated decision-making ng will generally take place in relation to the following matters: “For customers who choose to proceed with finance, we partner with credit agencies that make” lending decisions and credit references based on the information you provide
- Monitoring “We may monitor communications, and in doing so we may obtain your personal information through” this process. We will undertake monitoring in the following circumstances: “All chats and emails will be monitored for quality assurance, training, fraud prevention and” compliance
- Use of your information for marketing purposes We have described above that one of the general purposes for which your data shall be processed is for our marketing purposes. We wish to make you aware that you have the right to object or to opt-out of any direct marketing by: unsubscribe by emailing email@example.com
- Credit checking We have described above that one of the purposes we use your personal information is in order to undertake credit checking on you. Any such search will be recorded on the files of the credit reference agency.
We may also disclose information about how you conduct your account to credit reference agencies and your information may be linked to records relating to other people living at the same address with whom you are financially linked.Other credit businesses may use your information to:
(1) make credit decisions about you and the people with whom you are financially associated;
(2) prevent and detect fraud and money laundering;
(3) ensure you are eligible for certain products and services; and/or
(4) verify information you provide us with.
- Fraud prevention
We will undertake fraud checks via use of your personal information. This will involve sharing and working with Fraud Prevention Agencies. We do so to protect our own commercial interests (which are encompassed within our own legitimate interests as a business). “In general, your information will be used for fraud prevention purposes:” We will use your information for fraud prevention purposes with Fraud Prevention Agencies at the outset of any transactions if required by law “Fraud prevention agencies can hold your personal information for different periods of time, the” maximum period being six years.
Lawful basis for Processing of your personal information
We have described above the purposes for which we may process your personal information. These purposes will at all times be justified by UK data protection law.
- General lawful bases The lawful basis upon which we are able to process your personal data are:
(1) where we have your consent to use your data for a specific purpose;
(2) where it is necessary to enter into a legal contract with you or to perform obligations under a legal contract with you;
(3) where it is necessary to enable us to comply with a legal obligation;
(4) where it is necessary to ensure our own legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third “party (provided that your own interests and rights do not override those interests). Wherever we rely upon this basis, details of the legitimate interests concerned shall be provided to you;”
(5) where we need to protect your own vital interests (or the vital interests of another person); and/or
“(6) where it is needed in the public interest (or where we are acting in our official functions),” provided that the task or function has a clear basis in law. “In general, in order to meet the purposes we have described above, we will process your personal”information where we have your express consent on each occasion that the data is processed.
- Lawful bases specifically applicable to marketing
We will only ever use your personal information to send you marketing directly where we have your explicit consent (which will be obtained in a format separately to this policy). Sharing of your personal information “On any occasion where any of your personal information is shared with any third party, we shall only permit” “them to process such information for our required purposes, under our specific instruction, and not for their own purposes. We are required to enter into a formal legal agreement to enable such sharing to take place.” We may ask for your consent to share your information with third parties for marketing purposes. Any such third parties will be specifically identified by name at the time your consent is obtained. We will not share your personal information with any third parties for marketing purposes without your explicit consent to this. How long your personal information will be kept Your personal information will only be kept for the period of time which is necessary for us to fulfil the above purposes. We envisage that your personal information shall be retained by us as follows: We will retain data for six years maximum “After the period described above, your information shall be properly deleted or anonymised.”
Keeping Your information secure
We will ensure the proper safety and security of your personal information and have measures in place to do
- We will also use technological and organisation measures to keep your information secure. These measures are as follows: All data is stored on secure servers and payment details are encrypted using SSL “We have proper procedures in place to deal with any data security breach, which shall be reported and dealt” with in accordance with data protection laws and regulations. You shall also be notified of any suspected data breach concerning your personal information.
Our website is not intended for children (anybody under the age of 18). We do not intend to collect data from children.
Under the UK General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights free of charge. In “summary, those include rights to:”
(1) fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information;
(2) access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Statement is already designed to address;
(3) require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold;
(4) require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations;
“(5) receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured,” commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit this information to a third party in certain situations;
(6) object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing;
(7) object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you;
“(8) object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information, or ask us” to suspend the processing procedure in order for you to confirm its assurance or our reasoning for processing it;
(9) object to processing our your personal information where we are doing so in reliance upon a legitimate interest of our own or of a third party, and where you wish to raise an objection to this particular ground;
(10) otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances;
(11) claim compensation for damages caused by our breach of any data protection laws; and/or
“(12) in any circumstance where we rely upon your consent for processing personal information, you” may withdraw this consent at any time. “For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the” Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on your rights under the General Data Protection Regulations.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact our Data Protection Officer: MR DANE MCGRATH in the following manner: via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Data Protection Officer is MR DANE MCGRATH. Any requests or questions regarding the use of your personal information should be made to the above named person using the following method: via email to email@example.com
Sources of further Information
This policy provides key information to you regarding the processing of your information. For certain areas of “our information processing, we have further comprehensive details contained in other documentation. This information can be located as follows:”
- We have described in this document that we use Credit Reference Agencies in order to perform credit checking. The three credit reference agencies have a joint Credit Reference Agency Information Notice available at:
“• In addition, the following information should be noted:”
“as per the above description of our purpose and information sharing, we will use Google map’s as”
art of our service. Google Maps operate under the following terms: www.google.com/term